Theatre props, or properties, are essential to create the “world” of a theatrical production. In this introduction class, we’ll dive into the artistic and technical principles of prop design using critical thinking skills to invent, design, and create a variety of props for hypothetical shows.
The goal of this class is to develop skills in the planning and creating of properties, as well as improve the ability to work collaboratively in a creative environment.
In this class students will:
- Learn the foundational skills necessary to create theatrical properties
- Develop an appreciation of theater properties and crafts
- Gain a basic understanding of the various materials, tools and processes used in theatrical properties
- Develop and nurture artistic skills in the research and development of properties for theatrical productions
- Acquire a basic terminology associated with theatrical properties
- Be able to explain how a dramatic production can benefit from stage props
*There is a $15 Materials Fee for this class