Tomorrow is our first day of Candy Kudos for our Intensive I experience and I am sure there are a ton of questions out there. Here are some answers. If I don’t answer your question, please send me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: Candy Kudos is not required. This is an optional offering at PAA. All students in Intensives will have the option of participating in Candy Kudos.
At PAA we have a way for our students to express their gratitude, friendship and caring with each other that is unique. Candy Kudos are a great way for students to love on each other a little bit. We ensure every student receives a Candy Kudo on our first day (tomorrow). Some may receive more. We encourage students to think carefully about who they would like to encourage and support if they decide to participate.
Every morning we spend 15 minutes talking about big things. Monday we talked about Character and how as people we have to work to be someone of good character. This morning we talked about Teachability and Flexibility. We talked about what it takes to be a person who is flexible and teachable and how that type of person will learn more in life. These lessons will continue for every day we are together. Candy Kudos is one way for students to put these lessons to practice. I will continue to talk about community and caring for those around us. I will encourage the students to watch carefully as they go through their day and notice if someone looks like they could use a little support or encouragement and I will suggest they act on that support and encouragement.
At PAA we seek to build stronger, healthier people using performance and education as our vehicles. We know this world isn’t fair and we talk about the hard things so we can learn from them and grow.
Plus, Candy Kudos are just plain fun!
And The How:
1) Bring money to PAA. We will have change if you need it. You will need $1 for each Candy Kudo you wish to give.
2) At Lunch or Snack, bring your money to the Candy Kudo table and exchange each dollar you wish to spend for a Candy Kudo note.
3) Take the note to your table and fill it out. Be sure to remember to use last names or last initials.
4) Return to the table with your completed note and pick out the candy you would like to give your friend.
5) Collect your Candy Kudos from the table by Check Out at check out time.