PAA has partnered with Alta Independent, who has verified that our curriculum meets their credit requirements. To receive High School credit you will need to enroll in and complete a semester-long PAA class or show.
Students can earn 0.5 credits for each PAA semester-long class or show (minimum 60 hours of instruction) which can be applied toward P.E., Fine Arts, or Electives requirements for your High School Diploma.
DETAILS AND INFO
HOW IT WORKS
Work with Alta Independent to apply for your credits
Alta Independent is a fully accredited online high school that offers high school education to students on a full-time, part-time, and dual enrollment basis. Alta Independent will verify the hours of instruction with PAA and work directly with your high school to transfer the appropriate credits.
GET YOUR CREDITS
HOW TO WORK WITH ALTA INDEPENDENT
- Complete the Alta Independent Enrollment Form
- Fill out your Schedule Verification (Example Form | Blank Form) and email that form to email@example.com
- Write a 500 word essay detailing your experience in the class or show and the things you learned. (written report template)
- Submit your Tuition payment to cover the cost of verifying your credits and managing the credit transfer. 1 credit (equivalent of 2 semesters) is $250. 0.5 Credit (equivalent of 1 semester) is $150. You can pay tuition here.
- Credit is transferred straight to your high school upon completion of all the steps and requirements. Alta Independent will send a physical transcript to your school and a digital copy to both you and your counselor.
You can read more on the Alta Independent website.
IN THEIR OWN WORDS
A Perfect Fit
“Alta Independent has truly provided a way to continue the level of dance training I need while still enjoying a traditional high school experience. This has been a life saver for me! I would definitely recommend Alta Independent to any student who is receiving specialized professional training.” -Ali