In order to protect our students and staff as much as possible, PAA will be implementing the following protocols for our programs:
- Students will be in small groups to comply with the current guidance provided by local and state government officials. This will mean smaller cast sizes, more individual instruction, and allow us to feature more students in our staged productions.
- All students and staff will maintain adequate social distancing. Performance blocking and choreography will be adjusted to accommodate these requirements.
- Classes and rehearsals will take place either upstairs or downstairs at St. Luke’s UMC, limiting the amount of movement throughout the building.
- We will not use stage makeup during performances – depending on the program, students may use makeup from home.
- Students will be asked to bring and wear a mask during most of their day/when it makes sense while at PAA. If a personal mask is not available, PAA will make every attempt to provide a student mask.
- Student check-in/out is outside the St. Luke’s building. The check-in/out station for upstairs programs will be in front of the main entrance. The check-in/out station for downstairs programs will be in front of the north entrance.
- Parents are asked to wait in their cars or outside of the building during pick up and drop off.
- Students are asked not to arrive early, and will not be allowed to linger after classes and rehearsals.
- All faculty and staff’s temperatures will be checked daily
- Students will be asked to wash their hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer before and after each rehearsal and performance.
- Students will use hand sanitizer after they blow their nose, sneeze, or cough into their elbow. PAA uses a hand sanitizer that is between 62% and 70% alcohol based.
- PAA will be cleaning high-touch surfaces in the building before and after each class and rehearsal such as handles, door panels, hand railings, drinking fountains, sinks, urinals, etc. with a certified disinfectant that is state approved for preschools.